Friday, March 23, 2012

Gandhi: Select Quotations

"You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind."

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always."

"Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth."

"It's very dangerous to mix up the words natural and habitual. We have been trained to be quite habitual at communicating in ways that are quite unnatural."

"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Don't bow before another person or another nation."

"I contemplate a mental, and therefore, a moral opposition to immoralities. I seek entirely to blunt the edge of the tyrant’s sword, not by putting up against it a sharper-edged weapon, but by disappointing his expectation that I would be offering physical resistance."

"There are no religions in Heaven."

"God has no religion."

"Only God is truth. I am a human being. Truth for me is changing every day. My commitment must be to truth, not to consistency."

"There is no God higher than truth."

"Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologize for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you’re right and you know it, speak your mind. Speak your mind. Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is still the truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment